Monday, July 27, 2015

About Me

Fox has wanted to start this blog for awhile and has so much to say and share with the world. I will be helping him and adding insights that I've learned about him and autism along the way. Currently he spells out his thoughts on a letter board pictured below and I transcribe it for him. To keep things clear I'll put his words in all caps for now until he learns to type himself. When I asked him what he wanted his blog to be about he said 

DEAR BLOG I LIKE SHARING MY WORDS AND MOMS AMAZING NICE UNDERSTANDINGS. 

So that's what we'll do. Fox thought he should start by introducing himself: 

MY NAME IS FOX I AM NINE YEARS OLD. I AM NEW TO TALKING. I FIND TALKING TO BE AMAZING. IT FEELS TOTALLY INCREDIBLE TO FINALLY HAVE A REAL CONVERSATION. NO MORE MISUNDERSTANDINGS. I LEARNED TO TALK WITH EACH LETTER BOARD AT HALO IN AUSTIN TEXAS. I WAS TAUGHT BY SOMA SHE RPMS. RPM STANDS FOR RAPID PROMPTING METHOD. IN UNITED STATES I FOUND FINDING OUT I HAD ABILITY TO TALK ON LETTER BOARD NOT EASY. IT WAS REALLY HARD TO MAKE HANDS DO WHAT I WANTED THEM TO DO. NOT BEING IN CONTROL OF BODY IS A REALLY HARD THING. I HOPE YOU ARE LEARNING THAT A PERSON CAN BE SMART AND NICE EVEN IF THEY CAN'T CONTROL THEIR BODY.

No comments:

Post a Comment