Friday, October 4, 2019

The Poetic Artist

Dear terrific readers,
I love poetry and art. The best is the combination of both. It is hard to make art when your hands tire then stop listening to your mind. It is not easy however still can do it with some help. It is only the tiny help I needed. So much of it I could do. It is magic to me to see the amazing art I made. I think it goes perfectly together with my poem. It is a poem I wrote that's about Fall starting. It has a story of a leaf. Then I made a leafy Fall painting. I had to get mom to print poem for me. It is the creation I love most. 

In the Fall you change
You drop to the ground
The safety of the tree
Is far away

Your tree let you go
Time seems to slow
Woe upon woe
You stop low

Tasting the soil
Trapped in the sap
You're stuck in the weeds
You are stowed astray

Off tree
You are free
Team is you
You are me

Some like red
Others like yellow
Sat on a brown
How at last we shine

You taste the world
Your green disappears
You're an individual at last
You make your own way

The tree is bare
The tree is tiring
The tree rests
Sappy old tree sleeps

You sit inside a log
It is bent around
Like a snail to keep
Life safe and sound

You start your sleep
You sleep so deep
Tapping out not in
At home again


No comments:

Post a Comment