Thursday, October 17, 2019

My Letter To The Mayor

I want each day to try new kinds of writing and it makes the letter writer in me happy to share the letter I sent to the mayor about an idea I had to make the city nicer in the summer. I thought my idea was a bit silly however I sent it anyway. Then the mayor replied saying it was well written. That's so nice to hear. I think I learned not to be afraid that an idea is too silly to share. 

Dear Mayor Jaworsky, I have a very good idea for the city of Waterloo. Not all people are able to handle the sound of lawn mowers. The idea is to have the mowing timed on a schedule so it is not happening at random times. The lawn mower sound is very painful to my ears. The fact is I'm autistic and my ears are sensitive. There are a lot of times that I'm outside then suddenly the lawn mower sound fills the neighborhood and starts a pain ruining my whole day. Help autistics like me enjoy the outdoors. It is a lot nicer looking to have a mowed lawn. The mowing on a schedule would use city workers to have the best results. It is their job so they are good at it. The timed mowing would need more workers so it would create jobs. You would be helping a lot of people. It would take thick lawns and make them look nice and amazing. It has to include bringing the grass clippings to the waste management site so they can turn it into compost and save money by selling it or using it to keep city gardens growing beautifully. Mayor think of the possibilities. Have a nice Thanksgiving. I hope you will think about it.Sincerely, Fox Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment