Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Amazing Day

I GAVE MY SPEECH TODAY WITH MY FRIEND BRAYDEN. I FELT AMAZING HEARING MOM READ MY SPEECH. CLAPPING HAPPENED AND I LOVED IT. I AM A BIT SAD I GOT UPSET AT THE END I WAS JUST SO TIRED. I MIGHTILY LOVE GIVING SPEECHES AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS. I HOPE YOU LIKE MY SPEECH TOO. 

(Fox started his speech off with a poem he wrote last week that he said was reflective of his life)

Right Life
Personally feeling sad
Knowingly feeling perplexed
Quietly feeling silenced
Madingly feeling feared

Happily feeling right
Intelligently feeling smart
Amazingly feeling loved
Finally feeling heard

Getting to learn RPM really changed my life. No longer do I have to wait in silence not having ability to show I understand. I love people listening to me. Happy I get to give this speech. Nice to be able to dance with words. Appreciate opportunity to teach people about RPM. Appreciate knowing I can help other autistics. Autistics are smart however our minds are not listened to by our bodies. Not able to control my body and it is quite frustrating. Not being in control is a hard and scary thing. I am also very impulsive. I can’t stop myself from always grabbing anything I see, from going in kitchen, from always looking to know how something breaks apart. Mind understands how to hear and understand instructions but not how to make body listen. I am knowing not right to do these things, I feel bad when I do them, however I have no ability to control it. I am feeling a lot better now that I can explain myself. I am feeling people have more compassion for autistics like myself when a body/mind disconnect is understood. Being autistic is very hard sometimes but it is also amazing. Acknowledging again autism is not a tragedy, having no voice is. I am knowing sometimes I resisted learning RPM. It was hard to learn to control my hands to make thoughts come out letter by letter. Happy I stuck with it. I am sure mom and dad always believed mind was smart, I am happy to prove them right. I always knew that I am a smart boy and I appreciate so much the ability to show it. Mighty appreciative of RPM. I am a future scientist and not a future with no hope. So much abilities and knowledge for autistics to learn after they find their voice. I hope all autistics get a chance to have a real education. I know autism is really challenging and feels incredibly scary sometimes. I talk a lot now but I didn’t always. After I found my voice I really became so overwhelmed and couldn’t say bad memories. It is too hard to talk about how sad and scared I use to be. Calling anxious, hard memories to mind is not fun. Emotions can really make it hard to spell. However I am excited I can have ability to help other autistics to find their voice and that makes it alright. Have liked giving this speech, thanks for listening.

I am here with my very good friend Brayden. Can’t find a better friend to give a speech with. Let’s all rest and give caring Brayden our ear.

(Brayden’s speech can be found here: http://lifewithaboynamedbrayden.blogspot.ca/2015/11/dear-autism-moms.html)


TWO AMAZING SPEECH WRITERS

No comments:

Post a Comment